Saturday, January 5, 2008

Icicles of Death

Before . . .



. . . And After




I noticed this huge icicle growing over our doorstep so I decided to take steps to protect us from the impending disaster. I know its obvious from these pictures, but I didn't realize that the entire bank of ice is connected to the large one. I was able to knock a piece off of the big one, then I stood on the porch step to throw the pieces up - directly under the rest of the ice bank. Needless to say, I was able to jump clear just in time, and what you see above was the result.

2 comments:

Elise said...

I read a book once about a woman whose husband was in a coma for years after being hit in the head by a falling icicle! I'm really glad you were able to jump out of the way!!

By the way, has Chris ever had the "perfect murder weapon" conversation with you? Icicles were on the list.

Caitlan said...

This post was way funny. Those icicles are out of control!!