Wednesday, January 23, 2008

My clothes hate me

I recently had a conversation with my clothes that made me realize that they really do hate me. One shirt in particular. This is what happened- I opened my closet hoping to find a friend. My blue button-up shirt glared at me.
"Don't wear me- I don't like you." the shirt said .
"I know- you tell me every day." I reply, trying to find another shirt so I can shut the closet door and walk away.
"You are going to try me on anyway, though. You think that I will change my mind- I won't."
I roll my eyes. I am not going to try that shirt on- it hates me. The shirt won't let it go, though. "I'll make you look bad. And you know what? I'll do it on purpose." I am getting frustrated- I start to pull at a different shirt who says to me quickly, "I hate you, too. I will pull too tight on your belly and slide up on your love handles. Your jeans will help me."
Arrghh- these clothes used to be my friends! I try for another shirt and it says snidely "Really? Cuz I didn't fit yesterday- but good luck." Finally I just grab one and ignore it snickering lowly as I put it on. Throughout my day I can hear it muttering about how the closet or even DI is better than being with me all day. I then resolve to never wear my clothes again- and quickly recant my resolve. I don't want real people to hate me, too.

8 comments:

Katherine said...

Ann Michelle, I just love you! Maybe someday you'll find some friends for your closet.

Caitlan said...

Haha this was really funny. And I feel you man- my clothes are like "Psh whatever Caitlan- remember when I used to look good? That day is over. I refuse to fit right, and I will continue to look weird no matter what."

Kim said...

Very clever. Maybe you should send this to some magazine. They might pay you enough to replace your wardrobe with more friendly items.

Elise said...

Ha ha-- this is really funny. I think you should send it to a magazine, too-- that is a good idea!

Caitlan said...

Hey Todd- I've been told you should check the beem scores.

Meichelle said...

You are so funny Ann-Michelle! Hey, I FINALLY found your blog! Wahoo for me! :D Our blog is blakeandmeichellejohnson.blogspot.com
Check us out sometime!
Love you all tons!

Todd said...

Ok Caitlan someone needs to stop Danner . . . he now has the high score on every level!

becky ward said...

Oh Ann-Michelle! What kind of craziness have I been missing out on. I just decided to check out your blog tonight I am afraid that I will have to return...frequently. I am laughing hysterically. You are a crack-up!