Thursday, February 21, 2008

As the years go by, something something The Days of Our Lives

Yes- I love to butcher quotes and TV opening credits. Even more- I think I am beginning to like tags! This one from Meichelle is one I hadn't seen before - so HOORAY- more information on me! Yes, more things to be envious of and more things to worship. Got your back

20 years ago... 1988 - I was 5 and living in Redding, CA. My very best friend was Chase Titenzer(or however you spell that) and we were usually playing He-Man and She-Ra- by the powers of Grayskull, naturally.
10 years ago: 1998 I was playing sweeper and half-back on the soccer team at Bonneville and getting rides home from practice in a sweet Ford Probe by this nice guy in my English class.(Turns out he wanted to marry me 7 years later!) I was having a good time in our last year in IF before the move to WA.



5 years ago: 2003 - The beginning of the pregnant years for me- I was expecting Dallis and living in SLC. I worked as the office manager at The Orton Group. My favorite lunch place was this little panini shop on the corner of 9th South and 3rd East- they served the BEST hot chocolate and played Nora Jones, a lot.
3 years ago: 2005 - Todd and I were living in our first apartment in Marysville, WA- but getting ready to move down to Idaho. Dallis would be turning 2 and Hadley 1 that fall. We moved down the weekend of Kristie and Todd's wedding- and the dryer lid tried to kill me as I followed Todd's truck out of Montana. Oh, and guess what- I was pregnant by the end of the year!
1 year ago... 2007 - We moved into our first owned home in the spring- between semesters BYU-I- and felt a little crazy. Dallis turned 4, Hadley 3 and Brynn 1 and I was pregnant for the last part of the year. Ike joined the team in December and, I am pretty dang sure, concluded the pregnancy years!
So far this year...2008 - We have been fighting the good fight- Todd will be graduating in December, and I will be taking a major sabbatical from school- for 6 years or something. Kids can do tricks like that. We have run our cars off the road in this nasty winter at least 3 times. Jake came home from Russia- awesome to have him around again!
Yesterday I.. insanely took all 4 joys to my Enrichment Board meeting- yelled at them the whole time I tried to figure out how to fulfill my church calling! We celebrated my brain powers by eating ice cream from McDonald's and I finished a homework assignment and load of laundry- woot!
Today I . . . loaded up the kids to go to Hadley's 'talking class' (speech therapy, the 'class' part is for Dallis) and got them back home without going crazy or stopping for fast food- major accomplishments. I ate a Healthy Choice lunch and realized that I actually like microwave lunches- independent of their claimed aid in losing weight.

I am tagging all who read this blog, which would be my family!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Ann-Michelle and Todd, I don't know if you remember me, but I found your blog from Bonneville Alumni, and I dropped by to say hello!! Your family is very cute and your blog is very fun to read! I am glad you are doing well, and it was fun reading!! Congrats on your new additon!!
Calise (Jones)

Kim said...

Ha ha--As always, that was pretty funny. I especially like the part about the mystery guy in the Ford Probe. (Hi Todd)--I guess I'll have to do this one.

Katherine said...

You really didn't yell as much as you said and Trey was really egging your girls on.

Elise said...

Todd used to drive a Ford Probe? Huh.

I like the "beginning of the pregnancy years"... so true... Forgive me for laughing. Somday, all of your kids will be out of your house and you'll still be young and fresh.