Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Feliz Dia de las Madres!!

Oh boy- another reason to get presents!! No- just kidding. I think Mother's Day is one of the most deserved holidays in existence and love to be included in the honorees of the occasion! Todd made buttermilk pancakes served with strawberries and cream for breakfast. He cooked it all and cleaned it all up- what a husband! Then he gave me my yummy Sarah's Candy Cottage present- in the cutest box! A great compliment to the mandatory plant-life gift- like my new planter, too? We went to church and Dallis and Hadley almost sang along with the primary. I got some really cute 'I'm-so-proud-of-myself' grins from the girls, so that was enough! We went to my mom's house and my mom gave me the BEST apron! The packaging labeled it as a 1947 Vintage Cooking Apron- she gave them to all the girls so we just had to pose!
















And we wouldn't dream of leaving the big girls out of a photo op! Hooray for motherhood! Here are some quotes I liked about moms!
"My mother had a great deal of trouble with me, but I think she enjoyed it." Mark Twain
"The most important thing she'd learned over the years was that there was no way to be a perfect mother and a million ways to be a good one." Jill Churchill
"The reason grandparents and grandchildren get along so well is that they have a common enemy." Sam Levenson
And an endearing one- just for the sake of being sweet!
"What children take from us, they give…We become people who feel more deeply, question more deeply, hurt more deeply, and love more deeply." Sonia Taitz

7 comments:

Caitlan said...

Haha I thought the aprons were way fun- and I like how everyone made comments about mine coming in handy sooner than I thought.

Todd said...

No - we are pretty sure that you know just how soon the handiness will be apparent!

Kim said...

I like the quotes! --especially the one about grandparents

Unknown said...

Way cute aprons! It looks like you have way too much fun with your family, those pictures are cute! Those quotes are great!

Elise said...

What a cute header!! I wish I could have joined you guys on Mother's Day-- it looks so fun! Todd is nice to get you presents... I bought myself a book on Photoshop. Yay.

.allison. said...

Oh fun day! Your blog is so cute...makes me wish I had a more intersting blog..oh well. Those are really cute side pictures of you and your family! :)

Hanna in the Hizzzouse.. said...

I agree about mothers day being the most deserved day. I had no idea you had four children! Horray for you, you really do deserve to be served breakfast. It made my mouth water when I heard what Todd made you! Your new page is so cute and your family is so sweet!Oh and not to mention what a hot mammma you still are after having four kids!