Friday, May 9, 2008

Runnin' around

A year or so ago my mom and sister Elise pitched the idea of running a marathon. Wacked out idea- that was my initial reaction. Then we began to talk about it more and more and it grew on me. What a thing to accomplish- 26.2 miles! Well- as training began we started to reassess our goals- and decided to start out with a half-marathon. Still quite the feat. My training took a little break as I was busy creating life- but found myself running again just after Graham joined our family. Elise was originally going to run with us- but Hansen Baby #3(due this fall) wasn't as interested. Anyway- I know that the background to this video of the actual race is a little cheesy- but after 1 1/2 years of planning- it is so good to say that we did it! We (my mom, Caitlan, Jake and I) ran the 2008 Salt Lake City Half-Marathon! Check out this little video to celebrate our craziness!

3 comments:

Kim said...

Great video! I like the way you put it together. I hope you're getting ready for a repeat performance ncxt year.

Kim said...

I forgot to mention that the music was appropriate too.

Woods: said...

Ann-Michelle! That's awesome! I'm so impressed, especially since you did it just after having a baby! I just did one in NYC with my sister, Natalie, and had an absolute blast! You should do the Rexburg one on June 14th! I'm coming up to do it! Oh, yeah, I'm Nicole Wood (Todd's cousin) and I think we've met once?! :) Anyway I'm going to add your darling blog to mine so I can keep in touch! -Nicole www.rycole.blogspot.com