Friday, July 25, 2008

Tag Town USA

My sister-in-law Jana tagged me with a 6 random facts tag- I know, I know- how many random facts about me could there possibly be, right? Yeah- I am little bit of a random person, so I guess a lot.
1. I am addicted to NWClassifieds.com and SnakeRiverMLS.com- I pretend I am house- or job- hunting and look up houses in Idaho and Washington and jobs in Washington. I combine my findings with PayScale.com (the sweetest site that shows what you should be making and how much your cost of living will change if you move from say, Idaho Falls to New York- or something)
2. I have not owned a purse that was any color other than red (and usually a red leather croc print- but not a real croc, that's cruel) for the past 3 years. I may have had purses that were other colors- but I only use my red one.
3. I like babysitting for other people- it cannot get weirder than that. My kids are nicer- I am nicer, and I know that some mom somewhere is getting a break. In my limited capacity to serve I feel this is one area where I can actually help someone.
4. My guilt-complex is almost crippling- it is hard to relax when I am finding something else to blame myself for!
5. I wish I was as creative as my brother-in-law Chris with nicknames. He and my sister have some pretty fun ones between the two of them- I am not so cool, but dang I do try! See what I mean?
6. I have madly talented siblings- I think I am part of the family to even things out. Elise is insanely creative, have you ever heard Kristie sing? And Caitlan, too- for that matter. Jacob writes piano music and can't read notes! Allison is also creative- a great story-teller. I am not sad about being a little low on the talent side- it is kinda fun being a sibling with these amazing people.

So, this time I am tagging Elise, Becky(maybe you read this?), Caitlan, Allison, Mom and DIANE!! (I know you read- you can do the tag on the Freed Fam Adventures blog!

6 comments:

The Freed Family said...

You like babysitting other peoples kids??? Are you crazy??? I totally agree with you--I also think that when I am babysitting it brings out the nicer side of me. I still don't enjoy doing it though. It stresses me and it is almost more than I can handle most days. You have such a charitable and christ-like attitude about it. Wow!

Holly said...

I think I might be in need of a baby sitter. haha. :) That cracks me up!! I like the red purse fettish too. I always read all my comments Ann Michelle, even #53. :) You are too cute, and very talented, even if you don't see it yourself!!

Unknown said...

I love red purses, but I ususally pick pink ones :) And I think you are incredibly talented, you are a great writer I LOVE to read your blog, especially the post a long time ago about your conversation with your favorite shirt- I can only relate :) THis was fun to read :)

Unknown said...

P.s and on the talented part, you are more talented than just a great writer- you are multi-talented- and a great mom I bet :)

Anonymous said...

I have to tell you that you are very talented. I grew up with you and well I still remember the widdy jokes and comments you always had , especially the ones about being a middle child. I also know that you are a very talented mother and you keep yourself together very well with four kids. I don't think I could do it like you do.
Love ya

.allison. said...

I think you're talented! You are an AMAZING runner, and way cool too. Thanks for the compliment :)