Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Autumn and Birthdays

Well its getting chillier, cold enough in fact to freeze up the clutch on my truck this morning.

We celebrated Dallis's birthday last weekend in grand style. On friday night (her actual birthday), Ann-Michelle and I took Dallis out to dinner at the Olive Garden, just the three of us. She was able to get a special - red - drink just like mommy and have a whole host of happy waiters and waitresses sing happy birthday to her, which she just loved. There was one frustrating part, however. After she found out that the other two girls were going to grandma Diane's house, she decided she would rather do that than have 'birthday dinner'! (they ended up staying at our house with grandma, but that didnt change things.) In any event, she quickly forgot about that once we got to the birthday dinner.

Saturday was pretty crazy. We had scheduled to meet up with family at Leo's Place for Dallis's birthday party at 3:00. That morning I was helping my grandparents move so we were going to have those two events end-to-end as it was, but as luck would have it, we ended up at the doctor's office around 1:30 with Ann-Michelle experiencing pretty bad contractions and back pain. Not to be outdone, we still had the 'party', albeit an hour late, and Ann-Michelle stayed home to rest. Because of these complications some attendees were unable to make it but Dallis and Hadley still had tons of fun on the big toy they have there. Thanks to Mom-Mom, Pop-Pop and Allison for making it to the party!
We also opened toys and had Sleeping Beauty decorated cake (thanks Kristy) that night at Greg and Kim's. In all we think Dallis's birthday was quite a success.
(sorry, I didn't really get any pictures of the aforementioned).

In addition, we took the girls to the park on Capitol a few weeks ago for some Autumn pictures. Here are some highlights.



2 comments:

Elise said...

I love these pictures! Your girls just get more and more gorgeous every day. I can't wait to see all of them at Christmas!!

By the way, I loved snuggling with Brynnie on Saturday night. She is just a little sweet potato.

Caitlan said...

Cute- I love the matching sweaters. I really do, but I also have to say- you can't tease me anymore about my matching obsession, since your little girls are always coordinated! (Adorably though, I approve)